It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fine Furniture it's not


Tomorrow I take off for Tahoe. I'm participating in the Lake Tahoe Festival of Fine Arts, in South Lake Tahoe. I won't have time to paint while I'm there, but I'll be busy with the booth and the many, many customers that will be visiting. If you're in the area, drop on by!

I built a little folding table today for my display booth out of an old door and some plywood I had kicking around from building the kitchen cabinets. It took a couple of tries to work the kinks out of the design, but I think it'll be really functional. While I was at the hardware store picking up hinges, I noticed a pile of plastic folding tables about the same size as the one I was cobbling together. Price? $30. It sort of took the wind out of my sails after spending the afternoon gluing up table legs. The good news? I don't have to take the old door to the dump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home