It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Monday, May 22, 2006

Another mushroom print


I've been busy the last few days working on the house, but I did manage to print this proof of the next mushroom linocut print. I have a little series of different mushroom species in mind. These mushrooms, Boletus edulis, commonly called Porcini or Ceps or King boletes, are one of my favorite edible mushrooms. They have much to recommend them, being rather large, firm and tasty. In my area, they come up in the fall under coastal pines, sometimes in large quantities, and I have many fond memories of hunting for them in the fog and damp.

I'll be putting it up for sale in my etsy store when I finish the edition sometime this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home