It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fawn lily print





I'm still figuring out how to work with multiple blocks. I printed up a bunch of prints inspired by the Helen's Fawn Lilies I photographed on a visit to the Audubon Society's Mayacamas Sanctuary. I'm not entirely happy with how they turned out, although I did use them as an opportunity to play around with printing gradients. I certainly learned some lessons about how not to proof multiple colors. I've gone back and modified some of the prints by monoprinting or painting over them to adjust the colors. In the end, I carved away at what I was thinking of as my key block and printed it in black, and that image is closer to my original intention. It's interesting to me how the same block can produce such different images.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger TVTrayArt said...

Wow! So glad I found you! Your work is amazing! I especially love this one:

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=164692

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home