It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Iron Chef

I'm thinking about doing a series of block prints with the cooking show Iron Chef as the subject. I came to an appreciation of Iron Chef in a round about way. Before I ever saw the show, I encountered variations on the theme, notably the Exploratorium's Iron Science Teacher . Worth a visit just to hear the theme song.


What is it about this TV show? I like the theatricality of it, and the opportunity to explore a different visual sensibility. My access to media is pretty limited, so I end up watching tapes of Iron Chef whenever I'm bored. And you thought this blog was going to be about landscape painting...



I made these sketches sitting in front of the TV and pausing the VCR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home