It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hillside woodcuts



I finished the cows on a hillside woodcut print yesterday, and aside from some technical issues like stray spots and streaks, I'm pretty happy with both. It's interesting how different the hillside colors are, since I was working with rather transparent inks and one is printed over the blue. I listed "Hillside II", the print with the lower horizon and white sky for sale at Etsy this morning.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger william wray said...

Like you little wood blocks. I bet if you kept your massing this simple in your oils it would be helpfull.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate the suggestion.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

wonderful! The color, the flow, the line, I love it, and am now inspired to go work...thanks....
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home