It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

two roads diverged




In a reduction print, you carve away at the block between colors, so that as you continue to develop the print, the block is slowly whittled away to nothing. That means that reduction prints are generally very carefully planned, because you can't go back to adjust a block. But I was working on this print, and decided to try an alternative vision of the image half way through the process. I carved up another block to adjust the height of the hill, and printed a couple of the second image. These are prints in progress, I still have a couple of colors to go, but I think I'm going to cut some more paper, and develop both images. Two roads diverged and I'm following both. Quantum printmaking.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Annie B said...

Hi Kris,

It will be interesting to watch you go down two roads at once! I've done some partial-reduction blocks and it's kind of scary because you can't turn back. But the registration is so darn good, sometimes it just seems like the way to go. Thanks for blogging this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home