It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

goals


Another artist on Etsy, Beadoodle, posted a really nice quote in the Etsy forums about setting goals, and that got me thinking about the prints I sell. Most of my prints are the same size, and therefore about the same price. This is completely related to the previous post about framing. If I make art that's all the same size, I don't have to buy 13 different frame sizes.

I thought it would be interesting to try and develop a series of smaller prints. The picture at the top is a proof of a block print I started last night. It's the first of what I hope will be a series of botanical prints. I had mixed feelings about starting with such an iconic fungus, but part of why Amanita muscaria shows up in every storytale illustration is that it's so bold and graphic. And those qualities are excellent fodder for linocut.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Cornellian said...

Wow, i really like that mushroom print. Is that yours? Is it for sale?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

It is mine. I'll be listing that print in my Etsy store soon.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hey that mushroom is great! I like the ideas you were talking about in your post about how we s"see" color and tone....loved it! Thanks for stopping by my place too, I appreciate your time!
Great work in your store too...I'll have to now mark you as a favorite! You have a Inspirational drawing ability, that is being coveted by this artist as she types...
Heather

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great print! I'll definitely be checking out your Etsy shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home