It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

California Poppy


My front yard is a wildflower garden devoted to California native plants, and this year the poppies just took over. It was like stepping into a sea of orange and yellow every time I opened the front door. They're setting seed now that the weather has gotten hot, but I still like them and their strange stringy fruits. I printed an edition of this print last night, and I like the image enough that I'm planning on doing a couple of versions of this print. I printed a few that I'm going to sit down and hand color once I get away from the computer. Oh, and did I mention that one of these sold within hours of being listed on etsy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home