It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Brush in hand again

"Early Morning Shadows", oil on board, 8x10in. SOLD


It's hard to believe I haven't posted since October. I'm not sure why it took me so long to pick up a brush again, but I'm glad to be painting once more. I turned around and suddenly I'm seeing signs of spring. The wild mustard is in bloom, the manzanita and ceanothus in my yard are blooming, and it seemed to happen overnight. I've got a show coming up at Riverfront Art Gallery in Petaluma, so that's been an incentive to get some new work together. I'll be sharing some of my new work in the next few days, and I hope to see some of you at the reception March 8. That's coming up soon! Time to get framing!

I haven't been entirely idle the last few months. I've got my backyard studio together, and I've been doing some painting and framing in my new space. And I took a trip to Las Vegas to pick up a new press for doing wood block prints, and perhaps some etchings. More on that later, as the press is currently sitting in our living room while we work on the floors in the rest of the house.

Here's some pictures of my studio. The painting on the easel is the little plein air study that got smeared, and I think I managed to fix it.


3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been following your blog for a long time and I'm glad to see you're back. Love your work.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Annie B said...

Hey Kris, there you are! Missed you. How great that you got the Las Vegas press!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

Thanks Annie! I'm so in love with my new-to-me press. I pulled 20 prints last night that I'll be sharing later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home