It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

oops



I painted this at Mt Burdell open space reserve, and when I got home discovered that I had somehow smeared one section of the painting in bringing back to the car. (Look on the right where the grass meets the trees) I'm trying to decide whether I should try and recreate the section that got smeared, or go to my trusty table saw and simply change the size of the painting (yet another advantage of painting on wood panels). Comments?

Cropped in photoshop - this would make an odd size picture, so I'd need to make a custom frame.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Christeen said...

Bummer about the smudge! I think the original, un-cropped image is definitely the stronger composition. Hopefully you can fix it. Beautiful painting, and good luck.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Karen M Schmidt said...

I agree ... when you cropped the painting, the tree ended up almost dead center. The original composition is much more interesting.

My sincerest condolences on your loss of Rudy. Our pets are truly family members, and I know how hard it is to lose a beloved canine companion.

BTW, I love checking in from time to time to see your paintings ... I love the California landscape, and your painterly interpretation of it ROCKS!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

Well, it's clear that everyone agrees my original composition is stronger. I'm going to try and fix the painting once it's dry, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Austin Maloney said...

Your plein air work is very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home