It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Green String Farm

"Green String Barn" oil on panel, 5x7"

"Cast Shadow" oil on panel, 5x7"

After painting pumpkins on Saturday, I went down the road to Green String Farm. I bought some just picked organic eggplant and string beans, and asked if I could set up to paint. The woman working the stand smiled said I was welcome go anywhere I wanted on the grounds. I met several of the folks who work there, and all were interested in what I was doing and very friendly. I focused on their barns, thinking I would do a painting of the hills when the sun got lower on the horizon. By the time I was half way through the second painting, it was so windy I was hanging onto my palette with one hand to keep it from blowing over and painting with the other. It was hard getting straight lines in those conditions, but I'm happy with the paintings, and when I got home cooked up some excellent eggplant. If you're in the Petaluma area, they have great produce and it's all $2 a pound. They've got a lot of beautiful heirloom tomatoes right now that I would have purchased if I wasn't still picking tomatoes from my garden. I'm certainly going back.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Superb paintings! I love your barns.
Thanks for the comment on my painting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home