It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkins

"Pumpkin Farm", oil on panel, 5x7"

After a week of rainy weather and work responsibilities, I finally got out to paint on Saturday. I completed 6 paintings, and this was one of the first. I started out the day at the Adobe Pumpkin Farm in Petaluma. I've painted here before, but not in a long while, and the morning light was hazy and luminous. After all the rain, the ground was glutinous. I'd walk a few steps and have a couple inches of mud sticking to the bottoms of my shoes. They don't call it adobe for nothing!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Rogers Place said...

NICE painting. Very inspiring

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Ah, I remember this time of year: the nip in the air and the mud on the shoes. Love that luminous kind of light too, and you caught it well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home