It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Riverbend

"Riverbend" oil on canvas panel, 5x7"

A few days ago we had some lovely clouds, and I spent the morning painting at Papa's Tavera, a restaurant that overlooks the Petaluma river and marsh. It was an ideal location, as there was a little outdoor table to rest things on, and I was shaded by the building. I'm not entirely happy with the water in this painting. With the clouds passing overhead it seemed to change color every time I looked at the river. But I'm very happy with the clouds.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Ed Terpening said...

You're right, the clouds really work. The color of the water doesn't bother me, but there's something about it's shape that doesn't fit the composition. I'm sure you probably drew it as it was...maybe if you extended that small peninsula in the top left? I would also sharpen it a bit, it's a bit too round (for my taste).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home