It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

Painting again

"Chileno Valley Vista" oil on canvas panel, 11x14

I spent the weekend painting mostly in Marin, and have several new paintings to share. This one I painted on the Chileno Valley Road, which winds its way to the top of a hill that has a commanding vista of southern Sonoma county. It's a favorite road for bicyclists, as it's fairly quiet and very scenic, if a bit steep towards the top. As I painted I had a steady stream of cyclists making comments as they slowly labored up the road behind me.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to live near here on Lucas Valley Road. I miss it, so this was a special post. The Petaluma Cheese Factory was visited often. Would be a great place to paint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home