It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Not exactly art


With the invaluable help of my friend Preston we managed to put up walls and a roof for my little studio last weekend. There's still a lot to do, like finishing the inside, getting some shingles on the roof, and a few more exterior details like a front door, but putting up the walls was a big accomplishment.

I'm working on getting things together for the upcoming show in Danville, and I'm excited to be showing new work. If you're in the SF Bay Area, I hope you'll stop by and see some of my recent paintings in person.

6 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Ed Terpening said...

It will be great to have a dedicate place to paint, congrats! Wish I could attend your Danville show and see your work in person, but I'll be traveling. Good luck!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I'll show your studio to my husband and see if I can't use our pump house for a studio. I would love to come to you Danville show but I live thousands of miles away.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Congratulations on your new deck, wonderful little studio and the show. I didn't realize Danville had any quaint old houses. I'm going to be spending time with my boyfriend's visiting relatives that weekend but if I can get away (50-50 chance, I'd say) I'll come see your paintings in person, finally.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great Kris - I wish I had a back yard... and a Prestont ohelp me build. :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Annie B said...

Sweet! What's the size? And how was Danville?

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

The studio is 10x12 feet - the largest I could build without a permit. It's going to be a tight fit to store all my paintings and still have room to frame and paint more, but I think it will work.

Danville was great! I sold several paintings and a couple of small woodcuts, and talked to lots of nice people. The organizers of the show were also outstanding, bringing the artists water and providing us with snacks all weekend. I think I'll be back next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home