It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Frog in a Dish

"Frog in a Dish", oil on canvas panel, 8x10" [$320 + shipping]

This rubber squeaky toy frog has been kicking around my house for years. I don't even remember where it came from. I'm not sure why it was painted yellow and black like a poison arrow frog, when the shape is more like a bullfrog. Nobody thought to ask a biologist I suppose. I thought I'd take another stab at the "totally today" bowl, focusing just on the shape of the bowl and ignoring the pattern on the outside. (thanks Linda!).

The weather today was warm and sunny, and I spent the day painting at the coast. I'll share the results once they've had a chance to dry a bit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Delilah said...

I love it. Great fun painting.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Sandra Eileen said...

He's great, so lively for a toy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home