It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Burlingame

"August Afternoon" oil on panel, 8x10"

It's been a busy summer, filled with many projects and not enough painting time! I did get out to paint last weekend, and felt very rusty. I hiked along Big Rock Ridge in Marin county and was treated to tremendous views, certainly worth the climb. The ridge is the second highest point in Marin county - only Mt. Tam is higher. This painting was the last one of the day, and I feel like I finally got my groove back with it. This coming weekend (Aug 11&12) I'll be at the Burlingame Art and Wine Show on Burlingame Ave in, you guessed it, Burlingame. My booth will be somewhere between Primrose and Park Rd - hope to see you there!

3 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Parisbreakfasts said...

Your paintings are beautiful Kris!
I tried to comment yesterday but Blogger was acting up...
Lovely still lifes too at Etsy
Carolg

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I've missed seeing your paintings as often lately but was happy to see this one. It's lovely and joyous! Did you hike in to that spot? I'm curious what your painting set up looks like if it's so portable you can carry it on a hike. Now that I've been learning plein air painting oils I find I need a rolling cart to lug all the gear which is definitely limiting.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as I remember it to be. Lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home