It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Avocado Reflected - painting a day

"Avocado Reflected", oil on canvas panel, 5x7", available at my Etsy store.

I don't know why I never thought about avocados as still life subjects before. They have really great shapes, subtle colors, and are tasty to boot. Thanks for the suggestion Heidi! For this painting I wanted to play more with reflections, so I put the avocado on a piece of glass over a piece of black mat board. I really like the result!

My other bit of news is I'm being featured as part of a promotion with Etsy and Woman's World Magazine. One of my paintings will be in the April 24 issue of the magazine. You can read more about the contest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home