It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Abbott's Lagoon

"Sunset At Abbott's Lagoon" 8x10" oil on canvas panel

I spent the day painting out at the Point Reyes National Seashore, at the Pierce Point Ranch. Saw lots of elk, deer and white crowned sparrows. The day was rather hazy, so I thought there was a good chance for a lovely sunset, and I stopped at Abbott's Lagoon to catch the last light of the day. I think I painted this in about 45 minutes, from setup to putting the final touches on the painting. I just mixed up some piles of paint and worked like crazy before the sun set.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your work! This painting is beautiful, I love your use of thick brushstrokes and the warm yellow color with the blues. Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really lovely piece! Catches the mood with great economy of means.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home