It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Shallots - painting a day

"Shallots" oil on canvas, 5x7"

These shallots have been sitting in the studio for a while now, and I could never find an arrangement that worked for me, until I tossed them in a bowl to get them out of the way and they arranged themselves. Sometimes not trying too hard is the most difficult part.

A printmaker and fellow blogger who I admire is Annie Bisset. She creates woodblock prints using traditional Japanese techniques, and her imagery is thoughtful and evocative. I'm particularly impressed by her recent print "Locusts in Babylon". She's participating in the Printed Matter show at Giant Robot San Francisco. If you're in the area, check out the opening this Friday, Dec 16.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Luis Colan said...

As always, I love your work. What I like the most about it is the directness you bring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home