It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mandarin Bowl - Painting a Day

"Mandarin Bowl" 5x7" oil/panel. SOLD.

After painting apples, pears and mandarin oranges on their own for the last few days, I wanted to change it up a bit and pulled out one of my Japanese bowls. I really like the shadows and reflections in the bowl, but I can't seem to take a photograph that reproduces the colors in the shadows to the right of the bowl accurately. They aren't as inky black as the photo implies, but have a lot of subtle color in them.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Wonderful painting. Great colors.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shadows in this bowl are wonderful - including the orange's shadow to the right. Your still lifes are beautiful: bold, aggressive and textured. This is the style to which I aspire in my pastel hobby work.

Thank you for sharing yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home