It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

Red Pear - painting a day

"Red Pear", 5x7" oil on canvas board. SOLD.

I did two little paintings this morning, and this is the first. I love these red pears. They have very thin skins and wonderful flavor. And their color is spectacular. I set this one up with a studio light to get a strong cast shadow, and I really liked how the reflected light bounced around to the back of the pear.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my booth this past weekend at Ft. Mason. It was a pretty slow show, but I talked to a lot of very nice people. I spent a fair amount of time sketching the network of girders supporting the roof, which was an interesting exercise in perspective and composition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home