It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Barns - painting a day

"Barns" oil on canvas, 5x7"

What a relief to be painting again. After all the rain last night, the air was clear and brilliant. I painted this one on my way home in the afternoon. I did a little wandering and found a dead-end road that was amazingly peaceful considering the traffic I'd left behind. But all I could hear were the sparrows and phoebes calling. The sun was just sinking behind the hills as I was working, and it lit up the ends of the barns and the new green grass, but I could have used another half hour of light for this one.

Available for purchase: $75 plus shipping. Contact me for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home