It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Harsh Shadow - painting a day

"Harsh Shadow" 5x7" SOLD

These are a couple of persimmons off my tree, lit harshly because I didn't get a chance to paint until after the sun set leaving me with no natural light. I planted a persimmon tree in the backyard 4 years ago, mostly for the decorative value of the tree itself. In the fall the leaves turn deep red and orange, and then the leaves drop leaving the tree adorned with fruit. This naked state is the most interesting I think.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Harsh Shadow has interesting shapes that are just enough to say persimons and long shadows like I see in the late afternoon outdoors this time of year. The mysterious shadows in this painting spark my imagination.
Thoughtful and beautifully painted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home