It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Long Barn

"Long Barn" oil on canvas, 5x7in, click here to purchase

This is the second painting in my personal painting a day challenge. This tree and long barns are on the road I take to work every day, and I'd been wanting to paint them for a long time. As I was getting set up, a fellow crossed the street to say hello, and in broken English explained that his brother was a painter down in Mexico. We did a lot of smiling and nodding at each other (my Spanish is worse than his English), but before he left he looked at my composition and said "how romantic".

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this painting a lot. i found it on etsy and favorited it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home