It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dinosaurs!

"Camarasaurus" linocut block print on Rives BFK. 8x10 image. Available at my Etsy shop.

Anyone who looks over my bookshelf will see that evolution is a central topic of my reading. Recently, I've gotten really interested in dinosaurs, particularly the new feathered fossils coming from China linking birds to dinosaurs. Somehow I missed that geeky kid stage of obsessing over dinosaurs, and I'm making up for lost time. This is what I hope is the first of a series of fossil prints. I've compiled a lot of source materials, and now I get to play with my new press!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee! What a beautiful press. Is it new new or new to you? Where did you get it? It's such a nice size! What kind is it?

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

It's a Thomas Press, and I got it from another printmaker, Maria Arango of 1000 woodcuts fame. She's upgraded to a new, larger press. It is indeed a perfect size. Large enough to take full sheets of paper, and small enough to fit in my office/ printmaking studio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home