It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to Pierce Point Ranch

"Distant Hills" 11x14" oil on canvas panel

I drove out to Pierce Point Ranch again on Sunday, and did a couple of paintings. It was very windy, so I didn't attempt any large paintings, even though I'd brought a couple big canvases. In fact, I chose the location for this painting partly so that I could shelter from the wind in a corner of two buildings. Even with the wind there were a lot of people around and I don't know whether it was because I was wearing forest service green pants, or just because I was stationary, but I fielded a lot of questions about the location of the bathrooms while I was painting.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Annie B said...

You're funny. I probably would have asked you about the bathrooms too, but just as a ploy to see what you were painting.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

No, funny was the lady who came around the corner and saw me painting, and then ducked down as she passed as if I was a photographer and she was going to get caught on canvas. Or perhaps the woman who told me as I was unpacking my gear to start painting that she couldn't decide if I was a park ranger or a photographer. That's when I realized green pants are a liability in a National Park.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home