It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

Fog Study 3 - painting a day


"Fog Study 3" oil on canvas, 5x7"

This painting was a sort of "aha" moment for me. I was really interested in the very simple shapes of the long barns (this part of Sonoma county is dotted with these barns from when the area was a major poultry provider), and the way the fog flattened the space. I'm not sure it's any different from my other paintings, but painting it sort of turned something over in my mind and I was able to go home and finish a large studio painting that's been eluding me for months.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you used the oil paints in just the way they're meant for. texture, layering, loose edges - all of it. great work.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The architectural chicken barns, the way they are painted, the way they are placed are real and spark feelings in me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home