It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vineyard Rows

"Vineyard Rows" 5x7 in, oil on canvas SOLD

Number 7 in my painting a day project. I set off in the morning to paint at a vineyard I'd heard was rather scenic, only to find it didn't live up to the description. On my way home, I passed this little spot, and painted the geometry of the vineyard rows. There's so much little detail in a vineyard - all the individual leaves and grapes and leaves scattered on the ground between the rows. It was hard to find the right balance of detail and simplification.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The difficult part of the vineyard for me is not all the details of leaves but the graduated relative sizes of leaves and stocks as they progressively deminish in the far background. The mechanics of perspective just do not jive with the calligraphic dance of the vine.
You have selected a truely fine view for expressing the vine and culture of fthe grape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home