It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, March 18, 2007

End of the Row

"End of the Row" oil on canvas panel, 8x10"

I noticed after looking back through the last few posts that almost all of the recent orchard paintings were painted while I was looking towards the sun. I try to find locations where the sun is hitting the subject at an angle. That way I don't have to squint to see what I'm painting, and I get more dramatic shadows. In the winter, it's not a problem, the sun is low enough in the sky for most of the day that there's pretty much always good shadows. But now the days are getting longer, the sun is higher in the sky, and I'm going to have to get out of bed a lot earlier to catch those good shadows.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Annie B said...

Wow to the orchard paintings! This might be my fave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home