It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Launch for Hire - adding color


In the final state of this print I removed the hill shapes in the background because I thought they were too distracting. I took some of the prints I pulled before removing the hill and added color using colored pencil. The effect reminds me of hand colored photographs, and it was an interesting way to play with different color combinations.

This is a picture of the block before I started printing.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Annie B said...

Hi Kris,
Yes, the hills kind of make the building look shorter. I like the color you've added, though. Seeing this I think of Provincetown where I like to go at least once a summer. So many of the town's buildings are on pilings like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home