It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Cloud Study II - painting a day


This is another painting I did on my hike to Mt. Burdell.

The real news of the day is that I've finally finished updating my website. I didn't make any big changes to the layout, but the programing behind it is pretty slick, if I do say so myself. There was a lot of gnashing of teeth and and stomping up and down while I worked out all the bugs, but I can proudly say I built it all myself. Go visit and see if you can't make it crash! I'd love to hear about it. Really.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Your website looks great and the paintings are just wonderful! It looks very clean and professional and is easy to use. I need to do update mine and want to do something like what you've done to avoid all the clicking from thumbnail to another page with fullsize and back to thumbnail again. Would you be willing to share a bit about the process you used to create the galleries? I used Dreamweaver to do mine but have an older version. Maybe the new version has templates that do that? Or did you work directly in html? Anyway, I really enjoyed visiting your blog and website this morning!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Kris Shanks said...

Hi Jana,
the gallery pages are created with frames. I also use Dreamweave, and it's fairly easy to work with frames using Dreamweaver. Basically, each element of the page is a different html document, so the navigation bar at the top is separate from the display documents where the large images show up.

My big redesign incorporated php, which is a programing language that allows me to have the webpage interact with a database. Now I don't have to manually update my website, I just enter the new images with their information in the database, and the programing does the html coding for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home