It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Friday, August 08, 2008

Hot off the Easel

\"Sonoma Pasture\"
"Sonoma Pasture", oil on canvas, 20x40"

A couple of weeks ago I was out painting, and just as I had to leave, the fog started to break up. I didn't have time to do another painting, so I took some quick reference photos. This studio painting is the result, and I'm really happy with it. I don't usually try to paint cows when I'm out and about as they tend to move around too much, so I enjoyed doing little cow portraits in this one.

And if you're in the Bay Area, the Riverfront Art Gallery in Petaluma is having an opening for the new show this Saturday, August 9 starting at 5pm. Rumor has it there will be live music, and the featured artists put up a great show. I have a couple new pieces hanging, including some that I just got back from my gallery in Tennessee. Hope to see you there!

3 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great work Kris.love the luminous sky and the cows are nice and loose...(it is easy to get caught detailing).what a nice valley view

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Lynne the Pencil said...

Your paintings are fabulous. Great colour and the light just beams off them.

Why nothing recently?

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Domestica said...

Kris,
HUge fan for awhile (one of my first Etsy favs) - haven't seen your recent work so I decided to check out your blog. Really, really beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home