It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Campfire

\
"Campfire", oil on panel, 5x7, $75

While camping at Salt Point the other weekend, Cheri built a fire in the fire ring at our campsite. I decided to take a stab at painting it, because I really liked the contrast of the geometric shapes of the fire ring with the more organic shapes of the fire and logs. I've never tried painting fire before, and I'm not sure how successful it is, but I like the simplicity of it.

On an administrative note, I'm in the process of moving my blog to a new location. There's some technical issues I'm still working out, so in the meantime I'm posting to both locations. Those of you getting my posts via email don't have to do anything to keep receiving emails, although if the posts start looking odd, I'd appreciate a note letting me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home