It's about the art

This blog has moved - please visit my new home at www.shanksart.com/blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kay's View

Cheri and I spent the weekend rafting the South Fork of the American river. When I wasn't paddling like mad or getting drenched by the rapids (sometimes both at the same time) I was admiring the local landscape - very interesting mix of pines and oaks. I did some sketching along the river in the evening, but no painting. Now I'm trying to get things framed and ready for the show at Danville this coming weekend.

But a week ago, Kay invited me to come paint at her property near Jenner on the coast, and these three paintings were the result.

"Kay's View", oil on panel, 8x10, $320

"Cow Path", oil on panel, 5x7", $75


"Little Oak", oil on panel, 5x7", $75

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Austin Maloney said...

Beautiful landscapes. I'm a fellow daily painter and I was curious if you'd be interested in doing a reciprocal link exchange.

My Blog:

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

My Email:

amaloneyart@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home